10.06.2015

When You Feel Invisible.

Nobody pays attention to the girl next to the trash can.

I wrote those words in my journal and felt them to the very depth of my heart.  I can't remember the circumstances.  I can't remember why it was my job.  But I was designated to watch the trash cans, and being the obedient little girl that I am, I did.  I remember sitting next to the trash can, almost hiding behind it as I watched others talking and laughing and enjoying themselves.

I felt like an outcast, like I was on the outside looking in.  I felt like I didn't matter.  I felt invisible.

That hasn't been the only occasion in my life where I've felt myself slide into obscurity.  More than once, I've felt nameless.  I've felt unknown.  I've felt unimportant.  And if I were a betting woman, I'd be willing to bet that you've known those feelings, too.  

We struggle so much with finding purpose, figuring out who we are and why we're here, and I believe that is because we spend so much time feeling invisible.  We spend so much time just looking in on life and growing incredibly envious of all who get to live it and live it abundantly.  We're huddled behind plastic trash cans, hiding behind the junk of our lives, crying and saying, "Nobody pays attention to the girl/guy next to the trash can."

But God does.

Oh, friend.  I wish, so much, that I could reach through this screen and hug you and whisper this truth over and over and over again until it settled in your heart and rooted itself deeply there.  


You are never invisible to God.  Never ever ever.

So get out from behind that trash can and quit looking in on life.  Go live it, knowing that you are known and loved by a God who sees you no matter where you are. 

 ************************************************************
Day Six.
You can find the rest of the series here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, did I need to hear this today. Thanks for this. God is truly speaking through you on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knows. Always, He knows exactly what we need. :) Thank you!

      Delete