10.11.2015

Selfless Sunday: Week Two.

Oh my goodness, guys.  Thank you so much for joining me on this journey.  I sent (and even received!) some snail mail of encouragement last week.  I'm super excited to see what you all do with this week's challenge.  Have I mentioned that I am ridiculously proud of you for grabbing whatever bravery you can and reaching out to those around you?  For not only attempting to find hope in your own lives, but for trying to offer hope to others?  

You guys are awesome.  There's no other way to say it.  I'd buy you all a cup of coffee and a cupcake if I had the money to do so.  (Sorry.  I'm broke.)

Our second Selfless Sunday challenge is a particularly difficult one for me: call a friend.  


I know, I know.  I hate calling people.  I hate phones.  I prefer texting or e-mailing.  I get it.  Which is why I will permit texting this week in place of calling because I know that phone phobia is a real thing and I don't want any of you suffering from a psychotic break because of me.  But if you're truly capable of calling, do it.  

There is something so soothing about hearing an actual voice on the other end of the line, knowing that your heart and your words are being cradled in that immediate moment.  And, honestly, sometimes you just need that.  Sometimes you don't need pretty words or helpful answers.  Sometimes you just need to know that someone cares enough to pick up a phone, dial your number, and listen to you breathe when the words run out.  

So call a friend this week, or call a family member, or call the new mother from church and ask if you can pray for her.  Call someone and encourage them.  Offer love.  Offer prayer.  Offer hope.  


{Do you prefer calling or texting?  Has anyone ever called you just to encourage you?  Please share in the comments!}  
************************************************************

Day Eleven.
You can find the rest of the series here.

4 comments:

  1. so I totally failed last week, so this week I am going to try to do both! I prefer calling to texting, but I definitely prefer skyping to calling. So I am gonna be brave and call someone. :) thanks for the encouragement my dear, and keep that hope coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's alright! There's grace for that, and thank God for it. Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. I tried calling per your challenge but they didnt pick up........ Keep up the good work. wuvs you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. Thank you! Love you in return, sir. And congratulations on your new blogging adventure. :)

      Delete