10.12.2015

When Life Doesn't Go As Planned.

She prays, then sits across from me and cradles my anxious heart in her hands as words spill out of my mouth.  They are the same words I have been saying for years, the same words I have been saying since she has known me, and I wonder if she ever tires of my faithless monologue.  I don’t know what He’s doing.

But she simply nods in response because this place that I am in, this place of feeling stuck, is familiar territory for her as well.  Neither of our lives are going the way that we had imagined, and although it is the greatest desire of our hearts to trust the Father completely, trusting is not easy when our plans are wrecked and our dreams are relinquished to a divine design that we do not understand. 


{Also, if you're interested in receiving free daily encouragement from the writers of
 (in)courage right in your inbox, consider subscribing here.  You won't regret it!} 


************************************************************
Day Twelve.
You can find the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment