10.08.2015

When God Seems Silent.

Hopeless.

That's what it feels like when you're on your knees, begging and pleading for an answer from heaven and receiving nothing but deafening silence.  Where do You want me?  Do I take this job or not?  Should I pursue this relationship or not?  Do You want me to fight for this friendship or let it go?  What am I doing with my life?!

Where are You?

It's hard, friends.  It's hard to feel like you're praying to the wall.  It's hard to turn to God for answers and find that He's being quiet.  It seems that I have been asking different versions of the same questions for the past four years and yet I'm still begging for direction.  No bush has been set ablaze so I could hear from God.  No mysterious hand has written on any walls I've been around.

Where are You?

Yet I've been with God long enough to realize that His silence shouldn't be mistaken for His absence.  Although He has been quiet concerning certain things, He has been faithful to prove that He is still listening.  Too many prayers have been answered.  Too many situations have turned around.  Too many lives have changed.  Too many for me to quit believing that He's here.  

So if He's still listening, even if He isn't speaking right now, I have to believe there's a good reason why.  He will speak.  The Bible says that our God will come and will not keep silent (Psalm 50:3).

He knows our situations, our hearts, our lives.  He knows exactly where we are, who we are, and what we need.  Part of this faith journey is learning to trust Him.  We have to trust that He knows the right time to speak.

So when the time is right, and He knows we are ready, our frantic where are You?

It will be answered with I am right here.      

************************************************************

Day Eight.
You can find the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment