10.09.2015

When It's Our Time.

"For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14)

I love this story, these words.  I cradle them close and my heart twists as I try to put myself in Esther's position.  Knowing that you're in a position to potentially save your people from certain destruction?  Knowing that going before the King and using your voice without invitation could cost you the very breath in your body?  I can't fathom that kind of pressure.  I can't fathom that kind of fear.  

But she can't turn her back on her people.  She tells Mordecai to gather the Jews and fast.  She says that she will gather her maidens and fast.  She says that she will go to the King, which is against the law.  And if she dies, she dies.  

It all works out in Esther's story, as many of you know, but I can't help but wonder how many Esthers I'm talking to today.  I can't help but wonder how many Esthers are reading these words.  

Regardless of where you are, if you're following God and in the center of His will, you are placed there for a reason.  I know that it's not always easy.  I can't tell you how many times I've thrown my words to the sky, asking God why on earth He would have me here.  But He knows what He's doing.  

Because He needs Esthers.  He needs people who are willing to do what it takes to bring the saving knowledge of Christ to others.  He needs people who will push aside fear and the desire to please man in order to advance the Kingdom of God.  He needs people who will fast and pray.  

So let's be people who are willing to fight for our brothers and sisters in Christ, who are willing to fight for the cross.  Let's be people who can say, with our whole heart, "And if I perish, I perish."  

Let's be people who were made for such a time as this.  Because, Church, it's our time.  
  
(Watch the video below and feel the goosebumps.  Feel them!)

************************************************************
Day Nine.
You can find the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment