10.01.2015

31 Days of Finding Hope.

Sunshine spilled through the window behind me and a group of friends gathered around a nearby table for a game of Scrabble.  My friend Karly sat across from me and listened as my heart tripped out of my mouth.  Fears and uncertainties, doubts and questions, all lingered in my mind as I looked at Karly and asked, "What do you think God wants for me?"

Her eyes twinkled and a soft smile crossed her face.  She only hesitated for a brief moment before answering, and the first thing she said was, "Hope."      

Her response seemed fitting.  After all, I'm the girl who is packing hope away.  I'm almost completely void of it, or at least it feels that way.  And maybe you feel that way, too.  Maybe you're looking around for any shred of hope you can find.  Maybe you're numb, maybe you're lost, maybe you're stuck, maybe you're just done.  

Maybe you're leaning forward, heart racing, and asking, "What do you think God wants for me?"

Listen closely, friends.  I'm smiling and offering you the same word my friend offered to me.  Hope.  It's not gone.  It's not lost.  It's not only for certain people.  I believe Christ offers an eternal hope that never runs out or dies.  And for the next 31 days, I'm diving into this heavenly commodity because I need it.  Because I believe God wants me to have it.  And I'm inviting you along because I believe He wants you to have it, too. 

So what do you say?  Grab a cup of coffee (or tea, you rebel) and join me for the month of October as we discover hope together.  It won't be easy.  It will require bravery and transparency and a bunch of other scary words.  But I think God will honor every timid step we take and by the end of this month, flutters of hope will begin to explode in our hearts.  We'll find traces of it everywhere.       


************************************************************
Day One.
You can find the rest of the series here.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work. At times it seems hope gets me by when my faith is low

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! We all need a little (or a whole lot of) hope.

      Delete
  2. Excited to follow along in this journey with you, friend! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete